The Midlands boasts:
- Largest number of medical technology and device companies in the country
- A world-class research and innovation infrastructure including science and technology parks
- Unbeatable access to high tech facilities and skills
- A rich set of research and innovation assets
- An established and well-connected life sciences community
Stretching from Lincolnshire to Shropshire and Derbyshire to Herefordshire with Birmingham and Nottingham at its centre the region is underpinned by a strong private sector base containing a vibrant SME community as well as globally significant companies such as 3M, Abbott Healthcare, Merck & Co., Parexcel, Walgreens Boots Alliance, Reckitt Benckiser, Albumedix and Quotient Clinical.