The Artificial Intelligence and Racial and Ethnic Inequalities in Health and Care call will support research to advance artificial intelligence (AI) and data-driven technologies in health in ways that better meet the needs of minority ethnic populations.
The call, which is part of the NHSX’s NHS AI Lab AI Ethics Initiative, will fund two categories of research:
1) Understanding and enabling the opportunities to use AI to address inequalities
- Funded by The Health Foundation
- Awards of £175,000 to £275,000
2) Optimising datasets, and improving AI development, testing and deployment
- Funded by the NHSX’s NHS AI Lab
- Awards of £200,000 to £500,000
Both categories will fund projects of 12 to 24 months duration.
This one stage funding call is open to UK-based higher education institutions, third sector organisations, charities, and NHS organisations or providers of NHS or social care services.
The deadline for applications is 13:00 on Wednesday 21 April 2021. For full details visit: https://www.nihr.ac.uk/funding/artificial-intelligence-and-racial-and-ethnic-inequalities-in-health-and-care-call/26868