IN-PERSON EVENT: Midlands Health and Life Science Symposium
November 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Sponsored by Midlands Engine Health
The Midlands Health and Life Science Symposium event will shine a light on the powerhouse of Health and Life Sciences research strength that is the Midlands, as well as the role it can play in supporting the delivery of national innovation policies, achievement through the place agenda and adoption/innovation within the NHS. The incredible collaborations that delivered over £53 million of cutting-edge research in the fight against COVID-19, will bring together stakeholders from across the Midlands region with interests in Health and Life Sciences research, local strategies, innovation.
Today, the Midlands is home to:
– the highest number of Medical Technologies companies of any region in the UK (pumping £1.6bn into the UK economy pa)
– 14% of all UK Life Sciences employment (30,565 jobs)
– 2 of the 3 largest UK NHS Trusts
– the 2nd largest Clinical Trials cluster in Europe
– 7 leading Medical Schools (producing over 20% of the UK’s medical students)
– a stable, ethnically diverse population of over 10 million citizens (making it the ideal test bed for global health and multimorbidity interventions)
This event will bring together academic, business and clinical experts, alongside civic and regional leaders from the Midlands and beyond to highlight what the region has to offer and to explore how excellence can be harnessed to address global healthcare challenges for increased wellbeing and productivity.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
– Sir John Peace, Chairman, Midlands Engine
– Professor Dame Anne Johnson, President of The Academy of Medical Science
– Professor Andrew Morris, Director, Health Data Research UK
– Dr Louise Wood, Director of Science, Research and Evidence, Department of Health and Social Care and Co-lead of NIHR
Why you should attend:
In addition to learning about our exciting Health and Life Sciences expertise and the role that innovation can play in levelling up the economy, we are also expecting 300 delegates, providing an excellent networking opportunity with those in Health and Life Sciences. Delegates will hear about:
– The work the Midlands is doing to tackle health inequalities and to support the levelling-up agenda
– The nationally leading cutting-edge Health and Life Sciences research being delivered in the Midlands in topics such as Diabetes, Imaging, Advanced Therapies and Biobanks
– How academic, industry and NHS partners across the region are collaborating, including best practice and opportunities to get involved
– Investment Opportunities such as the National Rehabilitation Centre and the Birmingham Health Innovation Campus
– Speakers will be drawn from UKRI, government departments and the NHS
Table top exhibition stands are available at £200 plus VAT, to book a stand please email Becky by clicking here.
This event is free to attend, to book your place please complete the online booking form here.
This event is brought to you by MI Health, event managed by Medilink Midlands.