Medilink – Here to Help ‘Big Ask’
Medilink Midlands, in conjunction with the WMAHSN and EMAHSN is coordinating the Midlands industrial activities and responses to the COVID-19 crisis. If you would like to engage, take part, or assist with our networks or other strategic approaches please complete our dedicated ‘Big Ask’ Questionnaire.
In these critical times, it allows us to fulfill industry enquiries, track interests and share important opportunities with our networks, and establish how we can help each other during this COVID-19 crisis.
Regional businesses respond to the Big Ask – Click here to view our current list of responses (as of 30.4.20).
Can Medilink– Find it / Source it? – Big Ask #2
During the current pandemic we have been made aware of critical shortages other than that of personal protective equipment (PPE) – such as Raw Materials, Goods, Skills & Services. This could be due to demand, supply chain failure or self-isolation.
Let Medilink try to assist and source your request by utilising our extensive member and business networks. The information you provide will also be fed into local and national government organisations so that they too can be informed of the critical shortages that exist in the UK in terms of materials and items other than PPE.
This is service is free of charge. All Medilink asks is that if we are able to find you a source of material etc. that you let us know if our assistance has played a part in successfully resolving your requirement/s. Click here to enter your Find it / Source it request
Guidance and Advice
- COVID-19 Government advice
- Access to Regulatory Support:
- Advice developing medical trials:
- Support finding academic/clinical partners and technical expertise:
Funding and Opportunities
All National funding opportunities can be found at the Medilink Coronavirus Resource Library
Government Coronavirus Business Support: Rolling programme.
A range of business support measures has been made available to UK businesses and employees, including:
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Self-employment Income Support Scheme
- Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme
- Business Rates Holiday for Retail Hospitality and Leisure
- Cash Grant for Retail Hospitality and Leisure
- Small Business Grant Funding
- Statutory Sick Pay Rebate
- Support for Businesses Paying Tax
- COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility
- Business Rates Holiday for Nurseries
- VAT Deferral
- Deferral of Self-Assessment Payment
- Medical Technology Trial (MTT) grants: Rolling programme.
Medical technology companies in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire can apply to cover 50% of their clinical evaluation costs, thanks to a project part-funded by the East Midlands Academic Health Science Network (EMAHSN) and the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), and delivered by Medilink East Midlands.
- Innovation Support Grants: Up to £20K (average 30% contribution). Rolling programme.
These grants are available across three East Midlands area: Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire (INSTILS), Leicester and Leicestershire (SOLSTICE) and South East Midlands (ACTIS). Smaller grants are also available for Lincolnshire and Rutland (LARIS) up to £5K covering up to 50% of the investment.
- Business Bridge – £5K Vouchers. Rolling Programme.
Innovation Vouchers worth up to £5,000 to eligible businesses in the Stoke and Staffordshire area can be exchanged for access to an Experts Panel of specialist advisors within Healthcare and Medical markets and/or specialist support such as support for market access, product design, prototyping and testing, and CE marketing and other regulatory advice.