Meet in the Midlands 2018 took place on Thursday 22nd November 2018, at the National Brewery Centre in Burton-Upon-Trent.
Meet in the Midlands 2018, launched the pan-regional strategic alliance between East and West Midlands Medilink. The alliance has been established to bring the collective expertise of the two organisations together to preserve the interests of over 1,700 Life Science organisations within the region and stimulate growth to support this vital element of the Midlands economy.
The popular networking event was this year themed around international markets and featured presentations covering: IP in the USA, Cyber Security, a companies journey from the USA to the UK, International Payments and an introduction to Cross Industry Technology Exploitation in Clusters from the Midlands Aerospace Alliance. The event was concluded by a very informative insight into Brexit from the Greater Birmingham Chambers of Commerce’s Henrietta Brealey – Director of Policy and Strategic Relationships.
Presentations from speakers at the event are now available to view below (PDF)*
*Selected presentations may have been altered
– ‘Cross Industry Technology Exploitation in Clusters‘, Dr Andrew Mair, Midlands Aerospace Alliance
– ‘From the USA to the UK‘, Gina McDonald Main, HeartFlow Inc.
– ‘North American Markets & Cyber Security’, Syed Muntasir, CSA Group (slides to follow)
– ‘International Payments‘, Andy Medler, MoneyCorp
– ‘IP in the US‘, Simon Cooper, Adamson Jones
– ‘Tax Opportunities in the Life Science Sector‘, John Foskett, Grant Thornton UK LLP
– ‘Medilink Membership – A Member’s Perspective‘, Philippa Bevan, Accelerate Associates
– ‘Collaboration with the NHS Award Winners‘, Joanne Blake & Dale Powner, The Binding Site Group
– ‘Innovation Award Winners‘, Keith Spanswick, Ariane Medical Systems Ltd
– ‘Impact of a no-deal Brexit‘, Henrietta Brealey, Greater Birmingham Chamber of Commerce (slides to follow)