The Interreg North-West Europe Programme fosters transnational cooperation to make Northwestern Europe a key economic player and an attractive place to work and live, with high levels of innovation, sustainability and cohesion. Here you can find information about our funding opportunities and the positive changes our projects have brought to the territory and its people.
About the Project:
Codex4SMEs project plans to improve healthcare by enhancing the development and adoption of Personalised Medicine in North West Europe and beyond. Companion diagnostics are a basic tool to ensure the optimum application of Personalised Medicine.
There are currently only a few therapies that are accompanied by Companion Diagnostic tests. Analysis has shown that North West Europe is not competitive with the USA in the implementation of Companion Diagnostics – read more about the project here
– Sample access service
– Biomarker validation service
– Knowledge transfer regarding biomarkers/biobanking
– Access to Networks/ecosystems from eleven partners in seven countries
– The opportunity to access transnational roadshows with commercial and academic partners
– Expert advice regarding business model, business growth and upscaling
– Tailored support services to the SMEs current stage of development
– BioRegio STERN Management GmbH, Germany (Lead Partner)
– University of Leicester; Medilink Midlands, (sub-partner), UK
– BOM Holding BV, Netherlands
– WestBIC, Republic of Ireland
– InnovationQuarter, Netherlands
– MEDICEN PARIS REGION, France
– Integrated BioBank of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
– Biobank Graz at the Medical University of Graz, Austria
– CÚRAM Centre for Research in Medical Devices, Republic of Ireland
Leicester Precision Medicine Institute supports commercial partners and our transnational collaborators in the Codex4SMEs project with particular emphasis on the priority areas of Cancer, Ethnic Health, Diabetes and, Respiratory, Cardiovascular and Infectious disease.
Interested in finding out more?
Dr Carl Edwards – UK lead – click here to email
Dr Margot Jehle – Lead Partner – click here to email